Definition: Aggregate is a collection of items that are gathered together to form a total quantity.

The fleeting moments of knowledge in which we discover our existence are facts that can be committed to memory. We can enlarge this aggregate memory and refashion it as we go through a lifetime. By saving these memories on paper and reconstructing the images of our lives. We see the art of our lives unfolding before us.

Face the brilliance of your most wonderful creations and dwell on your dreams.
I believe in teaching, the sharing of ideas and playfulness of creating.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Art Journal Doodles Using Artistcellar Stencils


Hello Creatives-
Sarinda here with a simple tutorial using Artistcellar stencils as a guild for your doodling. I know that sometimes when I want to doodle, I find it hard to start. Using stencils take out the planning part and let's you just begin. It is all about just starting a project. Go For IT... Just start.
So let's do get started.
Materials:
§  Gesso
§  Sponge brush
§  Pitt Pens
§  Sparkle Watercolors
§  H2O
Here are the stencils that I am using for this project.
Star Coral Stencil

Playful Pods Stencils

1- Here is where I started. I always pre-gesso my art journal pages. So that when I am inspired to create all I have to to is play. I had this background already prepared using Tim Holtz Distress Inks and his technique "Wrinkle Free Distress"  from his first book: A Compendium Of Curiosities.

2- I placed the stencils in random places on the page leaving room for me to doodle my own creations.


3- This is mid point of the finished journal pages. I love taking pages like this to bed and just zen out before falling to sleep.

4-  I added the Sparkling Watercolor to the Pods running through the page.

5- Using the white pen I added highlights to a few of the doodles. Tip: When adding highlights keep in mind the light source. Mine was from the top of the left page. So I placed the white pen marks all on the upper left hand of each doodle. This helps give your work a 3D feel.

Here are my finished journal pages.


Hope you are enjoying your midweek.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will pick up your pen and doodle some.
Warmly-
Sarinda

Glass Site: www.SarindaJones.com

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Sarinda! Your post today did not disappoint (never does, actually!), and I am inspired to take a look at all my stencils--and in a new way! I loved learning that one does not have to use the *whole* stencil--just parts and bits and pieces! I am not a Zen-er, but I might actually be willing to try to fill in the spaces between the stenciled images, as you have so beautifully done here! I will have to wait until Wednesday when I am home again! In the meantime, birds and trees and chipmonks and campfires! Hugs! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this came out fantastic! (I did a search for Tim Holtz stencils and found your post.)

    ReplyDelete