Definition: Aggregate is a collection of items that are gathered together to form a total quantity.

The fleeting moments of knowledge in which we discover our existence are facts that can be committed to memory. We can enlarge this aggregate memory and refashion it as we go through a lifetime. By saving these memories on paper and reconstructing the images of our lives. We see the art of our lives unfolding before us.

Face the brilliance of your most wonderful creations and dwell on your dreams.
I believe in teaching, the sharing of ideas and playfulness of creating.

Monday, April 21, 2014

New Glass Works for Art Access 300 Plates

Hello Creatives. 

These are new glass works that I have created for Art Access 300 Plates fundraiser, measuring 12"x8" each. 

300 Plates is a wonderful fundraiser for art education here in Salt Lake City. Art Access' moto is, "Art is for Everyone".  I really like that-!! I am sure you already know I believe in that type of thinking. 

The first two are are created with a reverse painting technique that I created using powder glass and then hand drawing with enamels with a quill pen. Then firing the enamel into the surface of the glass. 

The last piece I have used stringer accessory glass to create the striped pattern and detail textures on the surface of the glass. 

Hope you had a wonderful creative Holiday weekend. 
Be well. 
Sarinda

2 comments:

  1. I love all three pieces of glass art, Sarinda, but the third would be my bit if I were there! I have spent quite a bit of time really devouring these three pieces and cannot tell you why the third one really reels me in! I am so proud to know you!

    ReplyDelete