Definition: Aggregate is a collection of items that are gathered together to form a total quantity.

The fleeting moments of knowledge in which we discover our existence are facts that can be committed to memory. We can enlarge this aggregate memory and refashion it as we go through a lifetime. By saving these memories on paper and reconstructing the images of our lives. We see the art of our lives unfolding before us.

Face the brilliance of your most wonderful creations and dwell on your dreams.
I believe in teaching, the sharing of ideas and playfulness of creating.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Mardi Gras Mask 2013

Happy Mardi Gras, Everyone-!

Early of course....

I wanted to share a mask that I made for a Masquerade fundraising event that the Utah Arts Festival puts on each year.  I made one last year for the Director of the Festival to match the dress she purchased for the event. 
I had a blast with creating this for her and patrons of the event asked her where she got it. With this the Utah Arts Festival saw a need they could fill for the patrons. As they were having a difficult time in finding unique masks. 

So they created a gallery stroll event prior to the Masquerade party, where patrons can come and purchase a one of a kind mask made by an artist. All the proceeds go to funding the Utah Arts Festival a non profit organization promoting art in Utah. They have also asked me to teach a class for the crafty persons who would like to make their own masks.
Ohhhhh I am so excited to play in that sand box.
Stay posted for more images and follow up posts on this event for sure.

 I am so honored to have been apart of this amazing tradition for so many years and helping a small part in taking it to a new level.

How I made it:
I used a pre made paper mache mask. Using the background with Distressed Stains once getting the right colors and spritzes. I took Phthalo Blue and black acrylic paint around the edges and eye sockets. Then sprayed with water to get the drips. Added the bling, feathers and flower.

ENJOY-!
Sarinda

4 comments: