Definition: Aggregate is a collection of items that are gathered together to form a total quantity.

The fleeting moments of knowledge in which we discover our existence are facts that can be committed to memory. We can enlarge this aggregate memory and refashion it as we go through a lifetime. By saving these memories on paper and reconstructing the images of our lives. We see the art of our lives unfolding before us.

Face the brilliance of your most wonderful creations and dwell on your dreams.
I believe in teaching, the sharing of ideas and playfulness of creating.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Smash....? What....?







Good morning Crafties....

Over the weekend I was inspired to create this journal/book.
I guess it is like a Smash book even though I need to be honest here and say that I really don't understand the Smash thing....  So please keep that in mind.

I wanted to have a daily book that I could write down my thoughts, daily activities, images, inspirations, doodles and what not. This is the bare bones book right now. I will paint and collage, tape, add ephemera, etc. I added velum, maps and dictionary pages because I love the look of them.
This reminds me of when I was young and made pockets, pouches, windows and pull outs in my cards. I had the same kind of fun with this.

My Son has already doodled one page- Yeah-! 
 I always get little presents from him on a daily bases. 
For example: leaves, flowers, mini drawings and whatever.
So I added a bunch of envelopes to be able to put these treasures in. I used some white pre-made ones and of course made some of my own with my Silhouette.

There is something rewarding about making a book. 
Wow so much fun and I really just started it.
The fun will continue as I add to it.

Also- These would make a great gifts for some special girlfriends or I was thinking my artsy Mom in law would so love to do one of these.

I will be posting a tutorial on how to make your own.
Really- pretty easy.
You will need a binder of some sort. 
I used We R Memory Keepers Cinch.

Craft on.....
Sarinda

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty smash book! Very cool to keep one on hand and so much fun to look in it later. Wonderful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added the Tutorial for the smash book....
    Thanks for checking in.
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete